Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
ADD + OCD
Sunpointer posted:
I haven't posted here in awhile, but I am diagnosed with ADD, OCD, and GAD. I can't take any of the meds for ADD because it will increase my anxiety. I can't even take ginseng without feeling some panic. I also have some dyslexia in reading and speaking during heightened stressful times. Does anyone else have accompanying diagnoses with their ADD/ADHD?

enjoylifenow321 responded:
It is very common for those with add also have accompanying diagnoses. Along with ADD, I have deal with depression, anxiety and OCD. I too have not had success with ADD medications but have had success with SSRI antidepressants (Prozac) along with Klonopin for anxiety. You might want to do more research on the web.

Patricia Quinn, MD responded:
Dear Sunpointer

Coexisting conditions are extremely common with ADHD. Stimulants may make anxiety worse (methylphenidate seems to be better ) but I have often used stimulants in low doses quite successfully in patients wth your same history once I have treated the other conditions and they are stabilized. Don't give up. Look for an expert in your area.

pat Quinn, MD

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

ADHD - Healing the Myth
Hi, This is a great video about the cause and natural solutions for ADHD that some very wise doctors are tuned into. You can view at ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.