Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Sleep?
aybara posted:
I had not realized how much my ADD is affecting my sleep. Does anyone have suggestions? I would rather not be on sleeping pills for the rest of my life.

Thanks!

Gina Pera responded:
Yes, it's one of those under-reported topics: Sleep and ADHD.

It's a complicated subject, which I've tried to address in blog posts, including this one:

http://adultadhdrelationships.blogspot.com/2009/07/to-sleep-perchance-to-turn-off-that.html

Be sure to read through the comments, too, for some helpful strategies (or at least moral support).

My next book (a short one) will be all about ADHD and sleep. Some impressive research is taking place, so stay tuned....

Gina Pera

Zippy50 responded:
Hey Aybara:

The truth is your consuming, what everyone knows to be "SPEED" !!! TIP;

Daily Step Routine as follows;
1) Take 1st dose and eat 1st thing Extremely Important!

2) Take a walk for about 20 to 40 min 10 min after 1st step
Extremely Important! NOTE; let nothing interfere with this step NOTHING! Practice saying NO!

3) Ponder your daily schedule for a few minutes, and get to it!

4) Meditate too wordless music mid-day for 10 to 20 min.
Extremely Important!
5) Take 2nd dose no later than 1:30 pm (if need be!)
Extremely Important!
6) Enjoy communicating with people you trust & Love!

7) Setup for next's day daily schedule!
Extremely Important!

Enjoy the rest of day or try to complete ONE minor honey do list tasks.

9) Read or listen to something SPIRITUAL!
Extremely Important! NOTE; let nothing interfere with this step NOTHING! Practice saying NO!

10) Meditate too wordless music or to a guided meditation journey track and you will fall right to sleep.
There are thousands of FREE guided meditation journey Audios on the internet!

Sweet Dreams
Peter Martone in Florida
petermartone50@comcast.ne t

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Focus on what is fixable
I'm a 41 yo mom of 4. When I feel like I can't get it all together with my house, I seek help of a caregiver who lives to organize instead ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.