Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Late ADD Bloomer
rspenader posted:
Hello All!

My name is Rachel, I'm 25, I have a beautiful baby boy named Tommy. I was treated for PPD after I had my son, now that I'm over the hurdle they said I have ADD. Since 16 yrs old through 22, I didn't know what life was like until now. I self medicated with alcohol and drugs, mainly alcohol. I had terrible mood swings when I was sober for a day. My parents tried taking me to the dr when I was younger but I cried my way out of it. Okay, enough with my life story.....

Well, now, I switched from Adderall to Ritalin today and it seems to being doing okay. My question to fellow ADD/ADHD'ers , do you have any tips? I'm still fairly new to this and I just want to learn how to cope. Thanks guys!

Patricia Quinn, MD responded:
Dear Rspenader

Sounds like you have made great progress. Knowing what is wrong and getting help can make all of the difference. I woudl suggest that you get more infromation abut how ADhd can affect you as a woman and as a mom. Visit my site at www.addvance.com and check out the section on women with ADHD. There is also a book, Moms with ADD by Chris ADamec and another site, www.momswithadhd.com

Pat Quinn, MD

Patricia Quinn, MD responded:
That other site was www.momswithadd.com
not adhd

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Think really hard about medicating children
As a 22 year old with ADHD the best thing my parents ever did for me was not medicate me. I realized the tests I took at the age of 7 and ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.