Skip to content
ADD and Anxiety
An_243100 posted:
I'm looking for any kind of help I can get. I feel at ends with this.

I've taken Adderall on and off again for years. But in this case its been over a year. About 6 or so months ago I stopped taking it all together because I had run out and didn't have a chance to fill the script...

It was terrible, I couldn't calm down, I would clench my leg muscles, rock back and forth, everything that's like withdrawal symptoms.

We got me back on adderrall, and it helped a bit, but the symptoms have never gone away. I've even been perscribed xanax to help, as the doctor and I were thinking anxiety was the cause, but it only helps a little, and makes me really tired.

So I'm not sure if I should look into more meds, or try and stop the adderall all together. Please help!

Kossmore responded:
Anxiety seems to be a common problem with ADHD. I wish I had some ideas for you but anxiety is also my problem. Don't give up looking for answeres, they sometimes come in odd ways. Good luck!

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

How I explained ADHD tardiness to my angry wife
The back story here is my wife and I had been in a "discussion" for about a week. It was pretty intense. She was upset that I got home over ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.