Skip to content
my 5 year old son is out of controll
kmbrlyellis posted:
I have a 5 yr old and a 2 yr old that are both pretty outgoing. My 5 yr old was dx last year with adhd,insomnia, and an anger disorder. He has been on riperdal and clonidine to try and help, but we just started another medicine for the adhd and i am still having so much trouble with him. H is mood changes so fast its unreal. He hits, kicks screams and tries to hurt himself. He is very aggressive to his little brother,me, and his father. I give him his medicine but all it seems to do is put him to sleep. When he wakes up he is so angry. I just don't know what else to do. I have trouble leaving him with a babysitter because no one really wants to ever watch him.
momuv4girls responded:
Hi Mom,

This is soooooo very difficult and I really feel for you. If its any consolation, I totally understand!!!!

My 4th daughter was very much like you describe.
So, a few questions..............

Does your little guy see a Child Psychiatrist? Was that who originally diagnosed him? What is the anger disorder?

How often do you see the Dr. (or Psychiatrist)?

Really good Child Psychiatrists can be difficult to find (depending on what state you live in) and it may take going thru a few before finding one.

You need support and a game plan or else you will have a mental breakdown trying to deal with your son.

If you write back, I can offer some ideas and resources.

Sending you ((((((((((((Hugs & Support))))))))))))))

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Talk to your doctor about correct doseages
I have tried many variations of adderall (10 mg, 20 mg, 20 mgXR, etc) It took me about 2 years of trying different variations, but I have ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.