Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Memory loss and enhance
An_244959 posted:
Hi,

Iam not able to find an appropriate community, so please excuse my topic if it is irrelevant here and direct me to the correct one

This is a personal issue iam facing for the past few months or may be a year. Iam not able to remember things so well, as I used to when I was a bachelor. Iam 35 years young now and with this problem I feel that iam getting older. I feel like my memory capacity (ability to remember things) is deteriorating.

Is this because of your age or is it because of mounting of responsibilities. Or is it because iam not able to concentrate as I used to earlier. Iam not able to remember stuff I read few minutes back, Keep forgetting my passwords and stuff like that!

Please advise is there any way to improve your memory or ability to concentrate more.

Cheers,

momuv4girls responded:
Hi,

That must be extremely frustrating! From all that I've read and heard about over the years, there could be many causes of memory loss.

Here is an informative article and some ideas to think about and explore:

http://www.healthline.com/galecontent/memory-loss

I hope you find some answers!! Good luck,
-Kathleen

Gina Pera responded:
Hi there,

Of course the cause of your memory problems could be anything.

You mention "mounting of responsibilities," though, and that's what stands out for me as a red flag for ADHD.

Some people with ADHD do okay in life until encountering the the "final straw" -- a marriage, a baby, a promotion, a sick parent, etc.

The truth is that ADHD can be much more challenging for adults than it is for kids. That's because adults have so many more responsibilities.

Another "red flag" you touch upon -- not being able to remember your passwords. Could it be that you're overloading yourself with digital demands?

Are you getting enough exercise and enough time away from the compute or other e-devices?

It's worth your learning more about ADHD, to see if it resonates for you. Otherwise, to improve your memory and ability to concentrate, it's important to get good exercise (morning might be best), eat well (including protein in the morning), don't use substances such as alcohol and marijuana, and get good sleep.

I hope this helps,
Gina

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

How I explained ADHD tardiness to my angry wife
The back story here is my wife and I had been in a "discussion" for about a week. It was pretty intense. She was upset that I got home over ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.