Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Skin Picking
50live posted:
My name is Megan and this is the first time I have publicly talked about my picking issues. I have been picking my skin since I was about 10 years old. I am now 50 years old and am very tired of dealing with this. It has kept me from much of a social life much less any boyfriends. I pick when I am happy and I pick when I am sad. Its my booze. I go to AA and have been sober for 8 years. Yet I cant stop picking. I am miserable and hope to find solutions to this.

kayellynn responded:
50live, my daughter picks her skin too. I have given up fussing about it because i make her furious if i say anything. It is awful because she is always covered with sores from her constant picking all orver her body but worse of all on her face. She covers it with makeup but she appears to show little effort at resisting the urge to pick.

i wonder if there is anything i could do to help her help herself to resist the urge to pick.

Gina Pera responded:
Hi Megan,

You might be interested in previous discussions on this topic:

http://forums.webmd.com/3/add-and-adhd-exchange/forum/1172

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Focus on what is fixable
I'm a 41 yo mom of 4. When I feel like I can't get it all together with my house, I seek help of a caregiver who lives to organize instead ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.