Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Meds and ADD/ADHD
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
What are you experiences with your ADD/ ADHD medicines? Have you found what works for you with minimum side effects?
Chrissy~

He who has hope has everything.
- Proverb

saturn4sand responded:
I was first diagnosed with Adult ADHD by my PCP in November 2010 at age 36. Immediately was prescribed 20mg of Adderall XR. It worked quite well for first few months. I was able to concentrate on my Graduate studies and work immensely. Then started to feel agitated come February 2011. My PCP advised to stop taking it, which was a big mistake! I flipped out, had to go to the ER, and was told to see a psychiatrist asap. I was put on Lamictal, (100mg/2x) Seroquel(25mg), and Lexapro for mood disorder and depression by a psychiatrist recommended from the ER hospital. I switched psychiatrist in March 2011. I was still prescribed Lamictal and Seroquel, in addition to Vyvanse(30mg), Wellbutrin (100mg/3x). The Wellbutrin definitely helped me quit smoking (June 1, 2012 will be a year). Told my psychiatrist 30mg Vyvanse was not working anymore. I'd lose focus, forget things and become impulsive again at work, around family and with my boyfriend. I've asked to switch meds but, my Vyvanse was increased to 40mg in March 2012, after a month, again, not effective. Now I am on 60mg of Vyvanse. I feel calm but still feel all over the place. Was told try the 60mg, if still not working then to switch ADHD meds all together. I feel dejected when my bf gets frustrated at me when I don't focus and not listen to him. Then I get emotional and lose self-esteem. My ADHD definitely has impacted my life, I still feel anxious and depressed (diagnosed 10 years) most of the time even as a 37 year old female.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Think really hard about medicating children
As a 22 year old with ADHD the best thing my parents ever did for me was not medicate me. I realized the tests I took at the age of 7 and ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.