Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Am i suffering from ADHD?
himanshu035 posted:

I am a 28 years old indian male, i am new to this forum and was hoping that some great experts out here could make some suggestions.
i have following symptoms
1)I am a computer science engineer.....!!when i am typing or writing ....i many time jumble up a lot of words like "i am "-->> will change to "i ma", "when" --->>to "hwen" , "and" to---->>"nad" and so on ... is this a form of Attention defiction issue or what?

2) few years ago i started doing heavy smoking...(now its reduced to a cigg a day) seems the above kind of pattern repets when ever i am even in a small (very small)

3)i have noticed that ... if its a long technical converstion say "finding data patterns" or "impact alalysis" or "relation between the tables "with team....i cant keep all the permutation and combination in my mind ....
i feel that i am left out while brain stromming session.

Also, i am looking for something to increase my memory retetion and ablity to recall fast , and clarity in mind .
abilty to think simple

i have been using "Bharami" or "Bacopa monnieri"+"Shankhapushpi or Convolvulus pluricaulis"-->>basically it is used as the drink
Patricia Quinn, MD responded:
The symptoms you describe many be due to many things and not necessarily ADHD. Stress, mild learning disabilities, lack of sleep can all affect attention and memory. Smoking increases brain dopamine and many use it to self-medication.

I would suggest that you seek out a professional (psychologist or psychiatrist) and discuss these symtoms, your life style, and history thoroughly. He or she can help sort this out with you.

Dr. Quinn

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Think really hard about medicating children
As a 22 year old with ADHD the best thing my parents ever did for me was not medicate me. I realized the tests I took at the age of 7 and ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 13 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.