Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
ADHD AND MY BODY
mamaandson posted:
MY SON IS ADHD AND HE IS ON VIVANCE AND SAYS THAT IT CALMS HIS MIND BUT HIS BODY IS STILL WIDE OPEN EVERYDAY AND CANT SETTLE DOWN AND IS THER A MED THAT CONTROLLS BOTH. HE FEELS AS IF HIS BODY IS STRESSED EVERYDAY BECAUSE HE IS SO HYPER

Take the Poll

ADHD AND MY BODY
  • ADHD
  • ADHD AND MY BODY
vote
View Poll Results

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
You can research medication here and read user reviews that you might find helpful:

WebMD Drugs & Medication

Of course, never stop, start or alter a dose before checking with your doctor or pharmacist.

I hope your son finds a med that will help soon! Please come back and let us know what he is trying and if it helps - the info can help others here.

Haylen

Patricia Quinn, MD responded:
One of the BEST therapies for hyperactivity is EXERCISE. It has also been shown that being outside for a period of time (increasing the time you spend in a green space) and meditation can also decrease hyperactivity. I would urge your son to GET MOVING to DESTRESS his body!

Pat Quinn, MD

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

love problems solution baba ji +91-9888401510
Get all solutions in your life within 48 hours and with 100% guaranteed. With in astrology systematic call to guru ji +91 9888401510 and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.