Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Includes Expert Content
    ADHD AND MY BODY
    mamaandson posted:
    MY SON IS ADHD AND HE IS ON VIVANCE AND SAYS THAT IT CALMS HIS MIND BUT HIS BODY IS STILL WIDE OPEN EVERYDAY AND CANT SETTLE DOWN AND IS THER A MED THAT CONTROLLS BOTH. HE FEELS AS IF HIS BODY IS STRESSED EVERYDAY BECAUSE HE IS SO HYPER

Take the Poll

ADHD AND MY BODY
    • ADHD
    • ADHD AND MY BODY
    vote
    View Poll Results

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
    You can research medication here and read user reviews that you might find helpful:

WebMD Drugs & Medication

Of course, never stop, start or alter a dose before checking with your doctor or pharmacist.

I hope your son finds a med that will help soon! Please come back and let us know what he is trying and if it helps - the info can help others here.

Haylen

Patricia Quinn, MD responded:
    One of the BEST therapies for hyperactivity is EXERCISE. It has also been shown that being outside for a period of time (increasing the time you spend in a green space) and meditation can also decrease hyperactivity. I would urge your son to GET MOVING to DESTRESS his body!

Pat Quinn, MD

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Teaching Your Child to Swallow a PillExpert
    Many children (and adults) have difficulty swallowing pills. This often becomes critical as many long-acting medications can not be ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 11 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.