Skip to content
Monthy visit hassles - time and cost!
liveswithADD posted:
I am 34. I have been dx with ADHD since I was 9. I CANNOT afford the monthly Dr. appt as my insurance copay increased for the 3rd time in 3 years. My ADHD meds cost less than my apt at the Dr. I was considering online meds option but I reasearched and the ones that will take my insurance... I need to submit physical script. Others (out of country meds, not sure its legal) I have been stable for 2 years on my meds. I can see "checking in" to make sure I am still stable. And, I don't mind turning in physical scripts every month to ensure control. I have to drive 2 hours for my General Dr. And psychiatrist in my area only comes 2x per month. She cancelled last time for emergency but then I had to drive to general. Did I mention my Daughter also is on ADHD meds thats 60 bucks copay total for meds that cost 20 total. I just Cannot afford it. Any suggestions?

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Focus on what is fixable
I'm a 41 yo mom of 4. When I feel like I can't get it all together with my house, I seek help of a caregiver who lives to organize instead ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.