Skip to content
ring of fire and bipolar? help please
bostonrocks1978 posted:
I have been diagnosed with adhd and bipolar. Today on this board was the first time that I had ever heard of ring of fire. I read up a little about it online but was looking for help with the best way to address it. I am currently on several medications for each disorder - gabapentin, lamictal, seroquel and wellbutrin for the bipolar and concerta and ritalin for the adhd. I also take trazodone and xanax for sleep. When I was put on the Ritalin the first time it seemed to work somewhat and when we changed to Concerta it seemed to work a little at first, too.

But now I am really struggling at work right now with impulsivity, disorganization, having to have things done my way, I have gone through several changes in co-workers and am really struggling with change, inattention, distractibility, hyperactivity, moodiness, temper issues and so much more.

I plan to call my doctor on Tuesday to see what we should do. I recently came off of Geodon because of potential interactions with the Seroquel. I'[m at a loss for what to do. It's also effecting my relationship with my husband. I need help.

I don't know anymore what is going on and that is not only annoying but kind of scary. I don't know what to do or what to talk to my doctor about. I don't know if I'm really bipolar or really ADHD or really both. I fit descriptions of both but right now I'm really struggling. The scariest thing is that I just saw him less than a month ago and things have gotten worse so quickly or maybe just more noticeable. It can't just be taking away the Geodon because very little of it was getting into my system because I wasn't eating with it. Please help me to know what to ask my doctor.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Focus on what is fixable
I'm a 41 yo mom of 4. When I feel like I can't get it all together with my house, I seek help of a caregiver who lives to organize instead ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.