Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
What should I do when I miss my period ?
An_245630 posted:
Hi..m 26 yrs old..yes..m trying to conceive from last 6 months.....my last period was on 18th april'12...m almost 11 days late for my period....m feeling so worst i donno why...all the time my stomach is like cramping and bloating..feels like period will come..but the pain getting on n off.....1 week before...I had some brown spotting so i thought my period came on right time but its gone after a day...and now its 29th I feel so heavy and crampy and a lil bit of nausea.......but still no period....m overweight almost 170 lbs....so i started doin yoga from last month....is this causing me late period and cramping or something else is goin on ??

Patricia Quinn, MD responded:
Well by now you probably have your answer, but I thought I would encourage you to take a pregnancy test and to call your physician. If you are pregnant, congratulations! You said your were trying to conceive for 6 months...hope this is a joyous time for you!

If you are pregnant and on medication for ADHD you will need to also discuss the risks of continuing to take the medication with your prescribing physician. Stimulants are not recommended during pregnancy unless the risk to the mother outweighs the risk to the baby. No studies have been done in humans, but in animals in high doses stimulants did cause some problems.

Many women elect to continue their medications for ADHD while they are pregnant because of the problems they have without it. It has been reported that these women have had babies without problems. There are a few small groups of mothers who took stimulants while pregnant that have been found where the babies were fine.

Hope this helps!

Dr. Quinn

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Focus on what is fixable
I'm a 41 yo mom of 4. When I feel like I can't get it all together with my house, I seek help of a caregiver who lives to organize instead ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.