Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
AADD Medication Question
lwright20 posted:
Hello:

My Doctor had me on Dextroamphetamine 10 MG Tablets for the past 18 months. My daily dosage was 60 MG (30 in the AM and 30 in the PM) The health provider discontinued the 10 MG Tab Dextroamphetamine and replaced it with Amphetamine/Dextroamphetamine 30 MG Extended Release Capsules. My Doctor has prescribed one capsule (30 MG) a day of this new medication. I was told that the 30 MG extended relaease dosage was equal to the 60 MG regular daily dosage. Just does not sound right to me. In my past, I was prescribed Adderall Extended Release Capsules but the daily MG dosage was the same as the none extended release. My concern is that I have had my daily dosage reduced by 50% and am not happy about it. Can anyone provide me with any insight into this matter and / or point me in the direction of where I may find out? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! L20

GinaPera responded:
HI there,

It is hard to say, because you don't mention if you are taking brand names or generics (which can differ, by law, in milligrams). Medications are not equal in their dosages, so your physician could be correct.

In such cases, I always ask a pharmacist.

Good luck,
Gina Pera

lwright20 replied to GinaPera's response:
Hi Gina:

Sorry about my lack of knowledge. I am not 100% sure, but I believe both the Dextroamphetamine 10 MG Tablets and Amphetamine/Dextroamphetamine 30 MG Extended Release Capsules are generics.

Thanks! L20

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the ADD/ADHD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.