Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Includes Expert Content
    question
    out_sider posted:
    is it possible to have characteristics or traits of autism, but not have a diagnosis of autism?

out_sider responded:
    well?... do i make sense to anybody?

Raven951 responded:
    Dear Out_sider,

I don't know anything about autism, however, I found a WebMD Autism page and community that might help you:
    http://forums.webmd.com/3/parenting-exchange/forum/3301/ .

If you aren't able to get an answer in this community, maybe they could help you over there.

Good Luck!
    Raven951

GinaPera responded:
    Hi there,

It would help if you could be more specific.

Gina Pera

out_sider replied to GinaPera's response:
    like not having very many friends, hard time with social relationships, and difficulty paying attention.

Patricia Quinn, MD replied to out_sider's response:
    Out_sider

These issues are often the result of the social skill deficits associated with ADHD not necessarily autism. May I suggest the book, What Does Everybody Else Know That I Don't Know? by Michele Novotni, PhD.

Pat Quinn, MD

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
    Hello members, Welcome to the ADD/ADHD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    31 of 33 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.