Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
question
out_sider posted:
is it possible to have characteristics or traits of autism, but not have a diagnosis of autism?

out_sider responded:
well?... do i make sense to anybody?

Raven951 responded:
Dear Out_sider,

I don't know anything about autism, however, I found a WebMD Autism page and community that might help you:
http://forums.webmd.com/3/parenting-exchange/forum/3301/ .

If you aren't able to get an answer in this community, maybe they could help you over there.

Good Luck!
Raven951

GinaPera responded:
Hi there,

It would help if you could be more specific.

Gina Pera

out_sider replied to GinaPera's response:
like not having very many friends, hard time with social relationships, and difficulty paying attention.

Patricia Quinn, MD replied to out_sider's response:
Out_sider

These issues are often the result of the social skill deficits associated with ADHD not necessarily autism. May I suggest the book, What Does Everybody Else Know That I Don't Know? by Michele Novotni, PhD.

Pat Quinn, MD

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Think really hard about medicating children
As a 22 year old with ADHD the best thing my parents ever did for me was not medicate me. I realized the tests I took at the age of 7 and ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.