Skip to content
ADHD My child and me
An_246892 posted:
I am mother of 5 children. My oldest daughter(who is 11) was diagnosed at age 7 of have ADHD. She has been on a few medications. Currently she is on ateral. I have been reading more on the disorder,and have recently been reading on the disorder in adults.As a child I myself had a hard time focusing on alot of things in school as a child. Not only school work(having poor grade alot of the time),but with sports and my band class as well. I would always get frustrated and depressed about the whole thing,because it seemed I was always behind everyone else in most everything I did. Now as an adult and a mother of five it seems I still have those same feelings as well. Tardiness has become a bigger issue with me more as an adult and paying attention to boring things as well as having issues with my driving as well. After my fourth child I was diagnosed with postpartum depression and was put on medication. I stopped taking them after about 6 months,because I was unable to perform sexually with my husband. I have had problems in my marriage and only been married for 4 years. I feel there is more to whats going on with me then depression. Could I have ADHD along with my 11 year old?

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

How I explained ADHD tardiness to my angry wife
The back story here is my wife and I had been in a "discussion" for about a week. It was pretty intense. She was upset that I got home over ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.