Skip to content
Risperidone urination side effect
tware1967 posted:
My daughter is 7 and has been on risperidone for almost two years. The dosage is now up to 3 times per day. She is not potty trained and I read one of the side effects is difficulty urinating. I'm wondering how severe this side effect is in children who are not potty trained? It's almost like she can't control or feel when she needs to urinate. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

momuv4girls responded:
Hi,

I may not be too much help here, but my daughter has been on risperdone for 6-years and while she hasn't had that issue, I have heard of it.

Does your daughter have some developmental delays?
What does her Dr. think ?? What is her current dose, and is she on any other medication?

Thanks, more info. would be helpful.
-Kathleen

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Think really hard about medicating children
As a 22 year old with ADHD the best thing my parents ever did for me was not medicate me. I realized the tests I took at the age of 7 and ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.