Skip to content
Different degrees of ADHD - just talking....
booberryjuice posted:
It's funny how in my DD her symptoms of ADHD showed up 5 days after she was born (severe colic, for 6 1/2 months.) and progressed to what I had called moderate to severe, but in my son, came up more as he gets older and I dont see it as being that degree. I see it as becoming moderate with his inability to sit still, and having a very hard time on focusing, so much that I'm almost in denial that he has ADHD. I wonder if its just his goofy way (a little comedian). The teachers say he gets into trouble - but he's not really being naughty... he just makes bad choices. And that mostly he cant stay focused during his classroom time. the PE teacher is harder on him- he seams to act like he's out of control all the time. I think it has been more denial with him for me (the age difference in my kids is 9 yrs.) I'm still dealing with the effects of ADHD with the first one , that I dont want to have my son have it. I just want "normal" acting kids that I tend to try to ignore the things in public and just hope no one will notice my children are arguing with each other and nit picking things to death. I DON'T think there is enough understanding out there with ADHD kids, the teachers 'say' they have knowledge and understand it - but I haven't met one yet that treats it well ! Are they all just 'harder on their own kids that have it ?? What do you think??

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Teaching Your Child to Swallow a PillExpert
Many children (and adults) have difficulty swallowing pills. This often becomes critical as many long-acting medications can not be ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.