Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need info. adhd anger in child
An_247564 posted:
My child has dx of adhd. My concern is her inability to control herself when angry. She yells, calls names, hits & kicks walls sometimes for an hour or more. How do I help her ?

momuv4girls responded:
Anger may not have anything to do with your daughters ADHD,
has she had a full evaluation by a Child Psychiatrist?

Is your daughter taking any medication? Sometimes medication can bring out irritability and anger - or was she angry before medication?

Violent outbursts like you describe need to be dealt with asap, I would really suggest finding a really good Child Psychiatrist to sort out what is going on. If you already have a good one, then you need to make an appointment and discuss your concerns.

Take care,
-Kathleen

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Teaching Your Child to Swallow a PillExpert
Many children (and adults) have difficulty swallowing pills. This often becomes critical as many long-acting medications can not be ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.