Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
adhd
An_247591 posted:
hi! i'm actually in the philippines and i'm having a hard time having assessments if i have ADHD or not,all symptoms if not all applies to me,as well as being too sensitive-being onion skin that is, the hardest part is getting rested. most of the time i can't stop thinking, i'm thiking on random things,things that are not important and is affecting my job. i wish i can be diagnosed so i can have medication that will help me sleep.
thank you.

booberryjuice responded:
Hi , One thing that you made me remember - was that when my ADHD daughter was young (around 5-6yrs.) - she told me she couldn't go to sleep - because,, she couldn't stop thinking - about everything! How things worked, what things were all about, People, etc. She had a hard time consoling herself too, calming down after a stressful moment etc. Maybe you could try that melatonin over the counter herbal supplement people talk about. I am having a very rough time calming my son (9yrs.) down at night and am thinking of trying that. He cant seam to settle down at night and doesn't fall asleep till around 10 to 11 pm , on school nights! I think every now and then a sleep aid is good - but try not to depend on anything.

dianeMA replied to booberryjuice's response:
Thank you, I'll check and see if we have that here in the Philippines. Having too little sleep gets me stressed out a lot. And the thing is, I always work night shifts which worsens everything. Having to sleep at day and work at night during weekdays then adjust during saturdays and sundays during rest days can be too much of a burden.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Think really hard about medicating children
As a 22 year old with ADHD the best thing my parents ever did for me was not medicate me. I realized the tests I took at the age of 7 and ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.