Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Adult ADHD - Impulsivity/Constant Work?
An_247700 posted:
I was diagnosed a few months ago with Adult ADHD, more hyper than in attentive. I am on meds that do help and have learned how to "reorganize" myself and it's not an issue at work, and I feel like there are some symptoms I can't seem to conquer. I am married, have children (all teens), and causing issues with my marriage.
1. Impulsivity
2. Irritability
3. Mood swings
4. Would rather be working than at home? (My mood swings usually happen on Friday evening and continuing through Saturday, disappointed about the weekend. But I seem to be in a better mood on Sundays I think because I know that on Monday I'm going back to work.)
5. Thought crosses my mind quite a bit that I'd rather be divorced and alone. (When I leave work I would prefer just returning to a nice, quite, and small apartment rather than my house with wife and kids.)
6. Most times on weekend I feel obsessed about ADHD topic I will spend most of a Saturday or Sunday on my laptop googling the topice looking for nothing in particular. Feel like I'm going crazy sometimes.

Listening to music takes away most of this but I can't walk around all weekend at home with headphones in, plus I think I would eventually get tired of listening to music.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Teaching Your Child to Swallow a PillExpert
Many children (and adults) have difficulty swallowing pills. This often becomes critical as many long-acting medications can not be ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.