Skip to content
I'm afraid to know the truth.
Oliver141 posted:
I'm 24 and have been diagnosed before once while in the 2nd grade then while in my last year of high school. Now that I have my own family and job I feel this need to get back on medication, I suppose it's so I feel more comfortable with daily responsibilities. I don't feel as though my very best is able to be given to my relationships, job, son and family. I get very upset with my self when I forget a very important day or a meeting that was planned weeks before. It's difficult constantly being the one who lets yourself down. My husband thankfully has loads of patients for me, but I see how my disorder can effect all of us as a team, it gets in the way...a lot.

These are my symptoms My mind stops reading, but my eyes continue. Only aware of time when I think about it. Forget forget and forget. Lose things that I most certainly shouldn't. Place objects in areas but don't even realize what I've done. My mind almost is like a dream, it's like it doesn't really live in reality. I find ease in tackling house chores, and painting or drawing. I miss turns and sometimes confuse myself with directions I am very dyslexic I have to make a very concise effort to regain control over my mind, in order to remember or keep track of time. My memory part of my brain is garbage. Lots of task that need to be done intimidate me, also overwhelm me.

Ive done some research, and i wish to take Vyvanse. Has anyone taken it? And are my symptoms comparable to yours?

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the ADD/ADHD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.