Skip to content
Hyper-thyroid questions
Razorback33 posted:
Okay I recently had blood work done because of infertility issues( low sperm count), when it came back they said everything looked great except it looked like I had a hyper-active thyroid. I'm pretty healthy, by my standards, 5'9 176lbs 6-8% bf. I work our regularly and maintain weight pretty well. One thing I've noticed I'd that around 9am I get really shaky and kind of light headed, this is usually instantly cured with food. I usually eat two poptarts. My breakfast around 5am usually consist of a bowl or two of fruity pebbles. Also during the night I now get up and eat something sweet with milk. Up until the last couple years I never really ate sweets. In the mornings I always have a very very hard time getting up, and then a very hard time staying awake on my way to work. In July I totaled my truck because I fell asleep on the way to work. On top of this at night I can't ever seem to go to sleep. It's like I don't hit a deep sleep til 3am, and then I'm super out. After reading about the hyperthyroid, I was wondering if these were related. My question is what I could safely be taking to help me sleep at night but then also something to wake me up in the morning. I know these completely contradict themselves and I'm sure an immediate response is going to be thyroid meds obviously. But I'm more worried about dying on the way to work. I was thinking adderall, or some narcolepsy med in the morning with something to sleep at night. I get a minimum of 6hrs of sleep but usually 8-10, and still can't wake up. And at the same time I can't take anything that is going to hurt sperm count. I'm also usually colder than most people me and my wife are constantly fighting about the thermostat. Any help would be appreciated.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

How I explained ADHD tardiness to my angry wife
The back story here is my wife and I had been in a "discussion" for about a week. It was pretty intense. She was upset that I got home over ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.