Skip to content
Adult ADD medication
hockey posted:
I need some input. I was recently diagnosed with Adult ADD which truly explains alot of my issues growing up. However, I was prescribed Vyvance and had to come off of it after 5 days because of the side effects. It had seemed to work but it increased my blood pressure to an unhealthy number.

I have been researching the other drugs in both classes and would like to hear from other adults on their experiences. At the moment, my doctor had suggested Concerta or trying Ritalin LA at a low dose.

I should say that I am a post menopausal woman if that makes a difference in the medications.

Thank you!

ALC36 responded:
I think most of the medications for ADD have that side effect as they are stimulants, maybe you can ask your doctor for a short acting medication, vyvanse is long acting and meant to last for 8 hours or so (12 hours for some). Most of the meds have generics also, I tried Ritalin generic because the cost of Dexedrine and adderall, but it didn't work for me at all, but as with all meds it's trial and error. I have now been switched to vyvanse 70mg because the manufacturer shire has a patient assistance program. Good Luck

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

How I explained ADHD tardiness to my angry wife
The back story here is my wife and I had been in a "discussion" for about a week. It was pretty intense. She was upset that I got home over ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.