Skip to content
Best Med For Me
An_248907 posted:
So I have recently begun seeking treatment for ADD and was officially diagnosed after a month long process where I was first brought in for screening, testing, and eventually saw the psychologist who diagnosed me with add.

He has since referred me to the in house psychiatrist practice with whom he shares space and I am going in tomorrow to talk with them about starting medication trials to treat my ADD.

In researching all of the medications out there I am really left with no clear conclusion about which one to start out with. I have one friend who has found great success with adderoll and so I am inclined to ask the doctor for that. I did admit in my testing that I smoked pot a (and enjoyed it) a few years back and hope that this won't steer the doctor to prescribe me one of the nonstimulant add meds that from everything I have read seem to be significant;y less effective than the more traditional amphetimine based drugs.

That was a diatribe, any suggestions, input, advice?

Take the Poll

Best adult ADD med for someone who frequently works 12 hour days, has a by appointment schedule that varies daily?
  • Adderol IR
  • Adderol XR
  • Ritalin
  • Foculin
  • Intuiv
vote
View Poll Results

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Teaching Your Child to Swallow a PillExpert
Many children (and adults) have difficulty swallowing pills. This often becomes critical as many long-acting medications can not be ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.