Skip to content
Help! College student...
ATX_20something posted:
Hello everyone,

I've had ADHD since I was a kid (I was diagnosed when I was younger by a licensed professional). I'm now in college (UT) and in my fourth year, expecting one more year after this.

I was trying to get some ADHD medication, but my parents have lost my old documentation I had when I was younger. Worst of all, my insurance doesn't cover mental illness. Every place I have gone has directed me to a different ADHD specialist, and the tests are always a minimum of $500+.

Is there anywhere in the Austin area that would allow me to speak to a general care specialist and obtain a prescription? I'm doing extremely badly this semester, I can't concentrate and I'm generally anxious in class. Exams are difficult, studying is difficult.

If anyone has any options for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Think really hard about medicating children
As a 22 year old with ADHD the best thing my parents ever did for me was not medicate me. I realized the tests I took at the age of 7 and ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 13 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.