Skip to content
Help..................
sprmom posted:
So this is hard to write and the first time I have written in a forum. My son has several diagnoses from ADHD to PPD-NOS to Cognitive delay to anxiety etc. He has been seen by at least 2 dozen doctors and soon more. My son is wonderful though, he is funny and interesting. However when he looses his temper he is scary and scares everyone. We recently moved him into a smaller care center that is very calm offers him various choices and the staff are very patient. However, he is lashing out at them and scaring the other kids by throwing toys, books, even pulling the cushions off a couch and then trying to knock other the couch. I wish I could afford a private nanny as it seems the only possibility but I cant and there is not help for that sort of thing. My son already has a PCA 3 days a week, a skills trainer 2x a week, a therapist 1x a week and a pych varying from 1x a week to 1x month. He had an occupation therapist that said there was nothing else they can help him with. I am trying so hare and wont stop trying. But it is just me no father, and 2 kids. My daughter is 7 and is advanced for her age and trys to help, but even she is scared when he is out of control. He has been kicked out of 4 daycare's and on his way to #5. I don't know what I am supposed to do. I have worked so hard to get him the services he has and am working to find more. But if I can't figure out something so I can work and support my family......I finally got a promotion to a career I love, bought us a house so we didn't have to keep hunting for apartments each year we could afford. I have found a daycare that will help with transportation to school so my kids can continue to go to the same school. I have tried positive reinforcement, award systems, taking away of things we think he really would understand as a punishment. Nothing seems to matter to him. It is literally like a switch and he looses it. He even got so mad recently he started punching himself in the forehead occasionally. But he doesn't do this when the professionals test him or during sessions. Only at daycare and at school. Plus he is always wanting to buy fake knifes, guns, and pretends to shoot at people. Some behavior I can see as play, but he is so random. He even hurt a smaller kid and the teacher said he acted like he was oblivious to what happened. He even made the kids ear bleed and didn't remember the blood being wiped off his hand...... HELP... anyone have any idea what else I can do to keep my son from loosing himself and our family from loosing everything. I want my son to be able to see how wonderful he can be, how funny he is and that someday he could even be a baseball player like he constantly talks about......

If I could I swear I would even start a foundation to help other kids and families that may go through this so that they had somewhere to go...

.Please if there is any other ideas that I could try outside the 1,000's I have I would be grateful. Thanks for listening to me ramble.....

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

How I explained ADHD tardiness to my angry wife
The back story here is my wife and I had been in a "discussion" for about a week. It was pretty intense. She was upset that I got home over ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.