Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ADD/ADHD in children
Hoops66 posted:
I am a recently divorced father of a nine year old son. His mother, who has primary physical custody, has determined that because of his school teacher's recommendations, he be put on ADD/ADHD meds. I am very upset by this but feel there's very little I can do since she has the final say. I intend on speaking to his doctor so I can be as informed as possible but I also believe this is a way out for her, as she does not spend adequate amounts of time with him. If I have to stand by and watch my child be medicated against my will, can you tell me what the best or least damaging medication would be? I don't want to see him turned in to a zombie. I would much rather work with him to correct this instead of running to the closest pill. Incidentally, he is inattentive, not hyperactive. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

love problems solution baba ji +91-9888401510
Get all solutions in your life within 48 hours and with 100% guaranteed. With in astrology systematic call to guru ji +91 9888401510 and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.