Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
could a 3yr old have adhd
An_249298 posted:
started going out with girlfriend who adopted 2 boys from Department of Children and Youth and Families ( DCYF) earlier this year. we went to an doctors appointment on May 29, 2012 do to an car accident to check both boys i went in back with the boys and the mother. the mother tried to see if the doctor could setup and appointment with an doctor to see if he could of adhd do the him not listening at home or daycare, throwing tantrums, flipping chairs at daycare, being busy of other, welcomes himself to anything he wants to eat when you tell him "not right now dinner is going to be served. but the biggest keys fact is the both bio-parents have adhd and ate fish from an polluted pound or river. Now DCYF has them and they are saying his behavior isn't do to adhd but from child abuse. so i am asking could he adhd just to mention the child was taken around 3 1/2 yrs old but he's now 4 yrs old. his birthday just passed few days ago.

Take the Poll

so i am asking could he adhd?
  • i believe he does on what i read in the dcyf papers and online
  • did the online test it show he could
  • he follows most or all the symptoms
  • he does puts self inflicked injuries on self
  • there was an sudden life change due to an dealth last yr
vote
View Poll Results

Boyzmomee responded:
ADHD has to due with inattention and hyperactivity, My son has ADHD, does not flip chairs,throw tantrums etc.

Those children were removed from their parents care due to abuse/neglect. I would have a complete eval done and have professionals sort it out.

mattthecat replied to Boyzmomee's response:
bump

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Think really hard about medicating children
As a 22 year old with ADHD the best thing my parents ever did for me was not medicate me. I realized the tests I took at the age of 7 and ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.