Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trying to Nap on Concerta
An_249444 posted:
I've been on Concerta ER for as long as I can remember. As of last year, my psychiatrist has prescribed that I try and take naps when I can. However, I have a problem trying to settle down and take a 20 min to a 2hr nap (if I'm lucky) while the Concerta ER is in my system. Does anyone have any insight as to how I can get myself to override the drug so to speak in my system so that I can take a nap during the day?
Luckily I don't work much. I am a part-time stagehand.
Also, I do suffer from Clinical Depression. The symptoms of which don't help my case. (I have been having an extremely bad episode of my depression currently being handled by my psychiatrist and part of the process of getting out is trying to get my sleep cycle back on track. I can't seem to break this any more and have no idea what to do!) Help please!!

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

ADHD - Healing the Myth
Hi, This is a great video about the cause and natural solutions for ADHD that some very wise doctors are tuned into. You can view at ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.