Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ADDERRAL OR CONCERTA
JiuJitsuMom posted:
My six-year-old daughter has been diagnosed with ADHD. She also has congenital glaucoma stemming from a port wine stain that has scleral involvement. Her glaucoma is being managed. When she was two she had a goniotomy in her eye to reduce the pressure and that seemed to work. She's been on glaucoma medication since she was first diagnosed as a baby.

Now that she's been diagnosed with ADHD, I wonder if it would be safe for her to be on medication? Her pediatrician says he relies heavily on her pediatric ophthalmologist. I left message for him and he had his assistant call me to say it was okay to be on ADHD medication with the glaucoma.

However, everything I read online or in the medication literature seems to say otherwise. I went on drug.com, webmd, and the Concentra pamphlet literature and it says DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE IF YOU HAVE GLAUCOMA.

I will also note that she was also born with an "innocent" heart murmur. We've never been referred out to a cardiologist but the reason why I even remembered is because it also said DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE IF YOU HAVE HEART CONDITION.

So as you can imagine, I am a bit conflicted about this. Please help me and shed some information. Any bit of info will be helpful. I live in Phoenix, Arizona so if you know of a doctor I can go to for a second opinion that would be great.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

ADHD - Healing the Myth
Hi, This is a great video about the cause and natural solutions for ADHD that some very wise doctors are tuned into. You can view at ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.