Skip to content
ADD w/Tourrette's-meds???
pattylj posted:
My almost 20 yr old (3 months) son has been diagnosed w/ADD years ago and we had him on stimulant meds but he developed tics/Tourrette's. We took him off and he has done well without meds but now he says he seems to "zone out" and it happened while driving and he had a minor accident. The neurologist did tests but just confirmed ADD. We do not have insurance right now and this Dr is suggesting stimulant meds but I don't like the idea because of the Tourrett's. Is anyone else dealing with these also and if so what do you do or does anyone have any suggestions??

This neurologist is difficult to understand at times and I almost feel like we should just go back to our family physician once he's on ins and see what he thinks we should do. He doesn't really have problems at work, all his employers have really liked him.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Focus on what is fixable
I'm a 41 yo mom of 4. When I feel like I can't get it all together with my house, I seek help of a caregiver who lives to organize instead ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.