Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Could I have ADD?
420camels posted:
Hello,
I know I should probably get evaluated by my doctor but I don't want to alarm my mom just yet because she tends to overreact.
I'm a sixteen year old girl and I have been wondering lately if I could possibly have ADD. I have never been hyper, I'm actually really shy and quiet. My grades have always been average or a little above average though I have trouble in math. I am a procrastinator; I never do assignments until they absolutely have to be done and my room/backpack and closet are all very messy. My folders and locker are messy too. I often get a little lost in my thoughts while I should be doing more important things. One thing that made me wonder more than the other symptoms is that some people with ADD experience sensitivity to sound. I will be sitting in class and things get really loud all the sudden; my teacher talking is almost painful sometimes. If other kids chew loudly or cough I get upset and have to stop myself from saying something. I thought it was misophonia or even some kind of nerve damage or ear infection (I have been checked for ear infections and don't have one). I have never been athletic and have always had an uncoordinated body (not sure if this is at all related, could just be awkward teen growing phases).
A few years ago I was diagnosed with situational depression and went on Zoloft for a year or so. I ended up feeling less depressed but still took the meds for a while because I liked that it helped my anxiety. I went off it completely almost a year ago and things have been even better since, so I don't think I had depression, maybe just anxiety.
I never thought I had ADD because I thought that it meant you had terrible grades and were hyper all the time, but now that I know it presents differently in girls, some of the symptoms fit.
Could I have ADD?

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

love @business@home@marriage@inter caste@vashikaran@problem solution baba ji +91-9815934087
@india best astrologer +91-9815934087 1. Business related problems.2. Husband and wife relationship.3. Be free from enemy / 2nd wife 4. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.