Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HELP..Im ADHD and a single mom of 4 and in school MY LIFE IS CHAOS
ambermelissa87 posted:
Im 25 have 4 kids and a single mom while in nursing school. I am severly ADHD.. I am loosing my mind and feel soo overwhlemed.. I try to research how to manage it but of course being adhd its all so much for me to read or think about. I just HAVE to find some peace with this and figure a way to manage my life and stop letting this control it... I have evry symptom there is and I am on medication but I am looking for a way to control it along with the meds.. My house and vehicle is a disaster and I am never sitting so its not cause im just lazy or dont care.. It drives me crazy and I want it all neat and organized but get overwhelmed and start cleaning or organizing one area see something else thengo there.. its to the point im loosing important things and papers.. for both me and my kids.. and my main thing is I cant even disipiline my kids cause I forget what I have already punished them from or what i told them to do.. I want to teach them to clean up their areas of play but in the meantime im so crazy Im making them crazy... I know this can be a learned behavior as well so I def dotn want them picking up on this.. their dad is COMPLETE opposite.. his house and vehicle is always spotless.. no clutter.. so I want it for them at my house... Im always late never on time.. i feel my house is never clean enough to even enjoy my time with my kids I just have clothes, papers, toys, bottles, dishes, just crap everywhere. I know its not a big deal to gave a few toys and stuff out but why cant I just get anything on track? I literally got gas a couple weeks ago and drove away and never realized i didnt go in to pay for it.. (I did a few days later when the manager told me) but never thought twice about ti... I know I have alot going on but I need some sort of structured plan to go by to figure this out.. if anyone can give me some advice on how I can figure this out.. I hope it will help.. I want to be able to go through life and deal with this in a positive way.. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!

Toto2 responded:
Hi. You might need to up your meds., but also save up some money and invest in hiring an adult ADHD coach. Check with the CHADD website, get a coach that'll help you draw up a plan and maybe even come over while you clean/organize the first time. You could also hire a "babysitter" to come over to help you stick to your cleaning/organizing schedule (cheaper than a coach after the initial set-up). You have to use clear containers you can see through and label EVERYTHING. After you get it clean and ORGANIZED once it's easier to keep up. Plus get a coach you can call if you get problems.
As for house, school and kids, you need to become an expert at making lists and setting priorities. A coach might help you with this or you'll just discover with time what works. (I learned I have to tape my lists to the dining room chandelier so as not to loose them).
You also might join one of the local CHADD groups and find some help there. (P.S. I find it helpful before I sit down at the computer to write a big note with the one website I want to visit and what I want to do/find there and then tape that to the screen.)
Good luck!
Toto2

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

love @business@home@marriage@inter caste@vashikaran@problem solution baba ji +91-9815934087
@india best astrologer +91-9815934087 1. Business related problems.2. Husband and wife relationship.3. Be free from enemy / 2nd wife 4. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.