Skip to content
Sluggish Cognitive Tempo & ADHD
Sararose76 posted:
I was diagnosed with ADHD as an adult (27 years old). When I first started Ritalin I literally cried because I didn't realize how foggy my brain was until it wasn't! I thought, so this is what it's like to feel normal! Fast forward 10 years and too many medication changes to list and I still can't seem to get myself together! I'm currently on Adderall again after being off meds for about 4 years and its not really helping. I'm learning about SCT and have a strong feeling I have that...my marriage is hurting because of this...my husband feels like I'm lazy & don't want to clean the house & is always saying I move in slow motion. I'm also very likely to cancel a night out if there will be too many people I don't know or don't feel comfortable with there. My question is that I keep finding info from over 2 years ago & was wondering what treatments (meds, therapy) is available for this disorder! Any info is greatly appreciated! Sorry so long!

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Focus on what is fixable
I'm a 41 yo mom of 4. When I feel like I can't get it all together with my house, I seek help of a caregiver who lives to organize instead ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.