Skip to content
My 10YO had ADHD and ODD
MrandMrsWhite posted:
My 10YO son had been being treated for ADHD with Focalin XR for over a year with pretty good results. He is still having trouble in school but his behavior has greatly improved. Just recently his doctor has told us our son had ODD. We knew something else was wrong and are glad to know what it is so we can finally help him. We were told about FCIT. I have done some reading on it and it doesnt sound much different than what we have been doing at home already. Besides ADHD and ODD our son also has panic attacks and a texile disorder. I just joined webmd with the hopes that we can find some other parents with children like our sweet Matthew. We feel so alone. He is such a lovely little guy but none of our friends can see past his behavior sometimes. As he has gotten older he has gotten much better because we can talk to him and he understand more now and can control himself better. Any suggestions on things that have worked for you to get your child to work harder in school, to listen better at home, to self motivate? Thanks!

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the ADD/ADHD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.