Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    An_250458 posted:
    I just read an article dated 1/26/12 about ADD. This article does not accept any more posts. I was livid!!!! It states among other things children with this problem usually fail in school AND usually become involved in drugs. How dare they!!! My 6 yr old child child has social anxiety disorder and may have ADD. She is seeing a highly recommended doctor. I also know people with ADHD. Most things I have read pertaining to these issues, on this site, appear to me that someone wants to scare us more than help.
    By reading some questions people are asking it seems too many parents are self diagnosing their children just by reading some of these articles, not just ADD or ADHD. I am not a doctor but please see a good professional before going crazy..

    Featuring Experts

    My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

    Helpful Tips

    Teaching Your Child to Swallow a PillExpert
    Many children (and adults) have difficulty swallowing pills. This often becomes critical as many long-acting medications can not be ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 11 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.