Skip to content
Ideas to reduce ADD symptoms
SuperNemesis93 posted:
Hi, I have ADD and want to know how I can reduce or control the following symptoms:
  • Being distracted easily and inability to focus. Like I easily get distracted and either doodle or bite my nails and miss important things the teacher says
  • Boredom, procrastination and motivation. I easily get bored and don't get motivated
  • Unorganized. I am not organized
If anyone can help with advice the best they can I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

likethesocks responded:
Those are tough with ADD -
If you have trouble focusing try to take notes on what the teacher is saying - if you are still itching to doodle draw something to do with the lesson. A bonus for visual learners, It may even help you remember it when it comes time to take the test!

For drive and motivation I usually have to bribe myself. Like "If you get out of bed now you have time for long hot shower, Mmmmm!" or "If I get this chapter read I can watch an episode of my new show!"

Organization is kind of a monster! I carry a notebook in my purse to write down things to remember and make lists. I even take pictures of things with my phone to remember (then I don't have to keep track of the paper!) Google Calendar runs my life and send me text messages when I am supposed to be somewhere. Try to identify the areas you really struggle with and find a trick or outside influence to help compensate

Good luck!

SuperNemesis93 replied to likethesocks's response:
Thanks for the advice I'll try it out

mattthecat replied to SuperNemesis93's response:
good post

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Focus on what is fixable
I'm a 41 yo mom of 4. When I feel like I can't get it all together with my house, I seek help of a caregiver who lives to organize instead ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.