Skip to content
Connection between headaches and ADHD
feliciac66 posted:
Has anyone found any connection between headaches and ADHD? My son is now an adult with ADHD and has been having headaches since childhood. I could not get his diagnoses until he was 16 so no medication was taken until that point. He had been diagnosed with cluster headaches but I have spoken with many of my friends that have children with ADHD and there children all have headaches, nose bleeds, etc.. I would be interested if anyone else here has any insight.

renejoy responded:
Hi
I am new here. My son was diagnosed with migraine at 11 and went through severe depression at 16, 17 and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, he is doing fine on the meds now and the doct suspects ADD, he is now 19. His headaches are under controll, but the moment he has to concentrate on school work for too long he gets headaches.

renejoy replied to renejoy's response:
I most certainly also think they dont handle stress well and should be treated for it as it is a form of stress headaches because they cant cope with whatever it is that is bothering them.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the ADD/ADHD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.