Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ADHD and agression
An_250738 posted:
Hi, I'm new here and what I'm looking for is help. My son was diagnosed with ADHD at age 4 and started medication at age 5. He's always had some issues with impulse control and impulsive aggression, but lately this has gotten much worse. His aggression has increased, both in frequency and severity. And he lashes out, at times, physically as well.

I just need some tips, or suggestions, or something to help me deal with this and manage the symptoms as it's obvious to me that he's miserable as well.

My son is a great, great, kid. And this is just as much out of his control as it is out of mine.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Think really hard about medicating children
As a 22 year old with ADHD the best thing my parents ever did for me was not medicate me. I realized the tests I took at the age of 7 and ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.