Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My Vyvanse Rx runs out when I'll be in Mexico
An_250990 posted:
Hi, I take vyvanse daily and my pills run out in the middle of my upcoming trip to Mexico. On several occasions in the past, I have run out of my Rx early or recently lost half a bottle in a hotel room. I don't know if someone stole them from me or what, but my pharmacy is convinced I have a problem. For the sake of clarity, I have NEVER abused the medication, nor have I given it to someone else. I'm severely ADHD and misplace things all the time so perhaps this is why I've had intermittent issues with running out early. In any case, I know the drug store is doing their job, but it's awful to be treated like a criminal when I'm nothing of the sort. I'm simply highly ADHD and do my best each day to keep track of my family's and my life.

Back to the issue... I need to refill my Rx early and am wondering if I can show my travel itinerary/booked flight to prove why I need the refill sooner than it's due. I dread the thought of dealing with this, especially when I'm perceived as a possible abuser. I have considered stopping the medications just to avoid situations like this (I travel a lot), but I cannot keep my job/kids/self together with out it.

I would be hugely grateful for any help on this matter.

Ps. I called my prescribing doctor but have gotten no response.

Take the Poll

Have you ever lost/run out of your adderall/Vyvanse and been put on the red flag list? Please answer only if you are using this medication as prescribed!
  • Yes I've lost it but am not flagged at the pharmacy
  • I have never lost/run out of my meds early
  • Yes and I feel I'm treated like a criminal though I am not one
vote
View Poll Results

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Teaching Your Child to Swallow a PillExpert
Many children (and adults) have difficulty swallowing pills. This often becomes critical as many long-acting medications can not be ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.