Skip to content
Advice
An_251010 posted:
Dr. Quinn,

I am 28 years old and have had issues with dislexia and I always say left when I mean right, vise versa.
Since I was 16, I have had vasovagal syncope episodes so random even the doctors can not figure out what my stressor can be. My EEG's have come out to be negative every time they have been done.

Recently (at least its possible I am starting to notice now because it has gotten worse?) I have not been able to focus. I make mistakes by forgetting things on techniques or processes at work that I have done repeatedly. I never do the same thing twice but something occurs, and it seems to be happening more often. I love my job and am extremely devoted and have no clue why this is happening now.

Also, I am starting to forget... not just forget but blank out when someone tells me they had told me something the other day. This happens more often now too. These are things that are important along with not important things.

At times I feel like I know what to say but it doesn't connect with my mouth and blank out or stutter. These do not occur only when I am nervous, but also when I am having a casual converstaion.

At first I thought it might be due to not eating at work, or that it is because I have started a new job.

I started eating breakfast, then lunch are work. I've started to take vitamins every morning and sleeping a healthy amount most days.

I am starting to get further from the fact that these are an issue because I have not seen a difference in 2 months.

I was wondering what your advice is on this. Should I see my neurologist? I have never met a person with these same problems. Nor am I able to find answers anywhere. I would highly appreciate any advice you have for me. Thank you

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the ADD/ADHD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.