Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Adult ADD and Prednisone
An_251452 posted:
I have adult ADD and was diagnosed 14 years ago. I do not take meds...although I tried several years ago with more side effects from the meds than I felt I was getting from the ADD itself...

Anyway...the reason for my post....

There have been about 5 isolated occasions when I have come in contact with poison ivy and had to be treated with Prednisone. Once on the med, I felt like a BRAND new person....My head is clear, not aggravated like normal, very confident...just can't explain how I become the person I always wanted to be. What in the world is in this med that is making mee feel so good!

BTW...I would NEVER take this med unless prescribed by a Dr for any reason but would love to know what I am on top of my game 150% when on it!

Please help! Would love to find a natural alternative that works this well!

Angie

An_251614 responded:
An_251452,
I found your post extremely interesting. I am very surprised
that not one doctor answered your question. What are these
"experts" for?

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

How I explained ADHD tardiness to my angry wife
The back story here is my wife and I had been in a "discussion" for about a week. It was pretty intense. She was upset that I got home over ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.