Skip to content
Vyvance
melpoind posted:
My son is 8 years old. He's been on vyvance for over a year in a half. He's been on the 20mg academically we raised him on 30mg for a month it shoot his blood pressure up terrible, so now we decreased it back. I've notice he's became irritable grumpy hard to deal with when he gets out of school. It helps him focus but his attitude is driving us crazy. He sweats bad but his dr claims its the safest one for kids. I don't know which direction to go. Tempted to switching drs or go with a psychiatrist for help since I'm not having much luck with his high blood pressure isn't good when its the numbers of an adult than that should be a flag. My son is very sweet until the past 3 months. It worked great for the first year but she's determine to keep him on it. I know they're thousands of ADHD meds so I'm ready for a change were the ones suffering not the school nor the dr. I've read reviews and now see were not the only ones dealing with the same issues. Is there any other safer meds for ADHD I know all kids are different.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Focus on what is fixable
I'm a 41 yo mom of 4. When I feel like I can't get it all together with my house, I seek help of a caregiver who lives to organize instead ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.