Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
seeking advice please
Anon_19255 posted:
My husband was diagnoised with ADD when he was a child. He's not hyper, he just has trouble focusing on things. Several years ago we made a compromise that he would seek help for it and I would try to be more understanding. He's now taking medicine on days he works, mainly to deal with paperwork and the minute of his job. And his job performance has improved, which I'm very proud of. The issue we still butt heads over and I'm struggling to understand, is his hyper focusing on issues and the strain it puts on our marriage. Are there any supporters on this page who run into the same problem??? Heck anyone who runs into this?? It's driving me crazy and I don't wont to break my promise. I'm trying to understand, but not being ADD myself, I can't understand why he acts this way. Thank you in advance.

An_252597 responded:
when i was a kid their was a medicine called vysane it helped me focus stay on track and other things it also keeps you calm they have them in mel. 10,20,30,40,and maybe up i dont know 40 mel. makes u stay up every other night trust me start out low maybe 10 or 20 mel.

Anon_19255 replied to An_252597's response:
Thank you for replying. He tried Vysane, but it gave him too many weird side effects. He's on Concerta and that helps with his job like I said, but I still have trouble understanding why he hyperfocuses on stuff. Thanks.

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Teaching Your Child to Swallow a PillExpert
Many children (and adults) have difficulty swallowing pills. This often becomes critical as many long-acting medications can not be ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 7 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.