Skip to content
Side effects of Adderall???
tlk1980 posted:
I started taking Adderall 30mg XR again in January after the birth of my daughter in November. ( I was diagnosed with ADHD & OCD about 6 years ago and have been on Adderall). I am also on Effexor for anxiety & Wellbutrin. Lately I have noticed severe mood swings. I am fine one minute and the next I freak out about the smallest thing. This is hurting my relationship. I find myself also picking at my skin constantly! If I find a zit, I will squeeze it, once it forms a scab, I pick at it over and over. I also pick at the skin on my lips to the point where they bleed and are sore. I also find that I space things off, procratinate with everything, even important things like a baby shower I planned. I waited till less than a week before to sent out the invitations & I dont know why. I had them in my vehicle ready to go the whole time, I just needed to stop and put stamps on them. When people would ask if I mailed them out, I would lie and make excuses as to why I hadn't mailed them, or I would lie and put the blame on someone or something else. It's very hard. ok actually impossible for me to admitt to anything. I fing myself lying to cover up the things I do or dont do rather than just admitting it was my fault or that I procrastenated in doing something. I find an excuse each day as to why I didnt so something I said I would do "tomorrow". I hate this about myself. It's very hard for me to be open/honest with my boyfriend about things as well. It's hard, almost impossible for me to communicate my feelings to him. When I need to talk to someone or ask for something, its impossible for me to pick up the phone and ask, or ask face to face. I have to email or text. It's almost like I am scared of the answer and don't want to face them. I hate being in public! This causes me to miss/cancel appointments and lie about why I am cancelling. It also takes a toll on my kids because I never take them out of the house... I could go on and on about how live each day and how my mind works. I just want to feel normal and live a normal life! This could all be related to anxiety which I have been told that Adderall can make anxiety worse... I love taking Adderall. I love the ability to focus. I love that it supresses my appetite and give me evergy; however, I want to be done living the way I live from day to day. I want to regain normalcy. What are some suggestions??

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Focus on what is fixable
I'm a 41 yo mom of 4. When I feel like I can't get it all together with my house, I seek help of a caregiver who lives to organize instead ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.