Skip to content
When SPD turns into OCD need help dealing
booberryjuice posted:
We started out , my son (10yrs.) (not born with ) sensory PD. and add/adhd/ Now we have advanced to OCD because of the SPD. We are on our last try for SSRI drugs. He already takes a depression drug to sleep at night(which works, thank God!) but so far none of the drugs are working. I'm at my witts end. he struggles to take a bath-cuz theres little 'spots' in the water we have to keep cleaning out, sprays his hair and body down with water- thinks it helps 'clean' him/ helps his hair-he wont let me cut) the last meds. we tried ended with the hand washing thing that hasnt gotten bettereveryday is such a struggle to go anywhere . He also cannot change his underwear and socks, he only wears 1 shirt and 1 pair of shorts/pants - for over 8 months , plus! I feel like I'm gonna have a heart attack with all the stress. His 18 yr old, sister try's to help - but makes it worse - cant get her to stay out of it (ADHD) I dont know what to try next. Any ideas would help allot. I wanted to try ADHD meds, cuz allot of people said it makes a huge difference, but the behavioral dr. said it wont help the OCD. well he didn't have OCD before- just his SPD that they DONT treat - , so that's what made the rest come. HELP! I'm not a crier , but feel like crying all the time lately, I don't want school to start again , cuz the mornings are impossible!

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

Very simple..
I am almost thirty and still struggling every day.. In my line of work Life and safety are at risk when I zone out. Recently, I have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.