Includes Expert Content
Alternative to Adderall
SuperNemesis93 posted:
I have ADD and recently got taken off of my medical because I am 20 and had to fill out the paperwork to get it. And because of that I am not able to get my Adderall at the moment and don't know how I will do in school which starts in a week and work. I don't want to depend on energy drinks again. So does anyone know any alternatives that I can use in place of the Adderall for the time being that will help me focus?

JeanineC responded:
I have a mild case of ADD as well and sometimes you just sit there not able to focus. Off Adderall (the side effects suck) now so I'm a little more caffeinated than usual just to be at a higher level to get work done.
Have you tried ADDTabzRX ? I don't take it all the time but for me it's a pretty good alternative to Adderall and I can focus much, much better than just caffeine or other caffeinated beverages.

I'd say try to get more sleep but even with enough sleep sometimes you can have days where you just CAN'T FOCUS and just daydream.

Gina Pera responded:
I appreciate JeanineC's kind offer of help. I would be concerned, though, about that supplement.

The webpage is a little too "splashy," in my judgment, and nowhere does it say what is actually in these pills. The "Ampheta-HCL" is a proprietary blend to this company, so we don't really know what's in it.

Moreover, I don't like the way this company seemingly seeks to create confusion in the public's mind by calling itself Gen-Tech, which is very close to Genentech, a highly respected medication-discovery company.

If you need something to help you before you are able to get a legitimate prescription medication (which can be gotten as affordable generic, not ideal but better than something purchased off the Internet), you could try the amino acid L-Tyrosine. Be sure to take it on an empty stomach. And buy from a respected manufacturer such as Solgar or Jarrow or other.

Good luck,
Gina

ADDwarrior5 replied to Gina Pera's response:
I think it's also worth mentioning that L-Tyrosine will not take effect immediately, the way the ADD meds do. You have to take it for a couple weeks before the level can build to a therapeutic dose. Correct me if I'm wrong.