Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Alternative to Adderall
SuperNemesis93 posted:
I have ADD and recently got taken off of my medical because I am 20 and had to fill out the paperwork to get it. And because of that I am not able to get my Adderall at the moment and don't know how I will do in school which starts in a week and work. I don't want to depend on energy drinks again. So does anyone know any alternatives that I can use in place of the Adderall for the time being that will help me focus?

Gina Pera responded:
HI there,

The first priority is doing the paperwork so you can resume treatment. Can you ask a friend to help you?

In the meantime, some people find that an amino acid named L-Tyrosine can help to some degree, and it can help the medication to work better. Also, if you can get exercise in the morning, that can help brain function throughout the day.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1037-TYROSINE.aspx?activeIngredientId=1037&activeIngredientName=TYROSINE

ADDwarrior5 replied to Gina Pera's response:
Gina,

What about taking Tyrosine in addition to the ADD meds (Vyvanse 50mg) I am on? Based on the Tyrosine reviews I read, I think I might be "bouncing off the walls" if I took both. Look forward to your reply!

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the ADD/ADHD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.