Skip to content
Joint pain and pulling out hair
Grandmommyk posted:
My grand daughter is 11. She was diagnosed with ADD upon entering kindergarten. She takes medications to help her stay focused and away from LaLa land. However for years she has complained of joint pain. She also used to pick at her toe nails till her toes would bleed. It progressed to her ears then to pulling out her eyelashes and now her hair.
Recently a lady who is 30 years old and has fought ADHD all her life told me that these are medication side effects. That it will actually harm her joints and we need to get her on a supplement for that. According to psychiatrist and psychologist these are anxiety problems. Has anyone else had these experiences and have you found anything that helps with them?

Featuring Experts

My foray into the field of ADHD began by chance. In 1999, I picked up a library book about the brain. And what I read changed my life and my husband&#...More

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the ADD/ADHD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.